Mama Wise: 1-Day Urban Retreat
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2018 @ Be Well Austin
Mama Wise is the 1-day urban retreat for real mamas, by real mamas, just like you.
Yearning for some real convo on navigating motherhood? Been searching for other cool moms who get you? Dying for a little time to yourself? Wanting to do it all with a mimosa in hand and a dope swag bag to take home? Whether you're a new mama, a seasoned mama or even an expectant mama, you're in the right place, sister!
We're bringing you all the good stuff you crave without all the fluff. Let's get real, y'all. We're talking super rad food (that you don't have to cook, PRAISE!), bubbles ALL DAY, wellness treats, non-bendy yoga and bomb AF topic facilitators who will share the keys to navigating motherhood, whether you're on your 1st baby or 5th (spoiler alert: you have all the answers you need, you badass mama you!)
Yoga pants & messy buns encouraged but not required. Just come as you are. We'll laugh, we'll cry (maybe pee ourselves a little bit) and damnit, we'll make some cool mom friends. Keep scrollin' for all the deets and to register!
SCHEDULE - Saturday, september 15
10:30am-4:30pm at Be Well Austin 1906 W. Koenig Lane, ATX, 78756
- 10:30am-11:30am - Check-in + Wellness Power Hour
- A full hour to arrive so no stress if baby has a meltdown just as you're trying to get out the door. WE GET IT.
- This is also your time to treat yo'self! Wellness Power Hour activities include:
- 11:30am-12:15pm - Mimosa Brunch + Opening Circle
- Mimosas, coffee/tea and water will already be flowing but this is time to top up your glass and let someone else feed you for a change!
- We'll also take time to introduce ourselves in a non-cheesy way so we can get to know our she-wolf pack for the day
- 12:15pm-1:30pm - Group Discussion - Where Did the Love Go?
- Let's talk about partner communication + intimacy after baby
- Co-facilitated by couples therapist Kirsten Brunner of Baby Proofed Parents and sexologist Tali Boots
- 1:30-2:45pm - Mini-Workshop - Pelvic Floor 101
- Learn about the basic anatomy of your pelvic floor, how it is impacted by pregnancy and birth and exercises to strengthen this area of the body
- Get all your burning questions answered by physical therapist, Erin Arnold
- 2:45-3:00pm BREAK (aka refill that mimosa girl, we won't judge you!)
- 3:00-3:45pm - Panel Talk - Mom Rage #thestruggleisreal
- Ever notice how you're a little, ummm, angry sometimes after having a baby? Where's it coming from and what do we do about it?
- Women's therapist Kelli Foulkrod and PT Erin Arnold will not only normalize this common experience but also give real life tips to channel anger for positive growth in ourselves and our relationships
- 3:45-4:30pm - Closing Circle + Yoga Nidra
- It's time to rest & relax, you've earned it!
- Kelli Foulkrod will lead us through wrapping up our day together including a sleepy time yoga nidra practice (btw, have postpartum insomnia? you can totally replicate this practice at home for better nights)
OTHER IMPORTANT DEETS:
- Babies (pre-walking) are welcome!
- Registration includes swag bag with goodies from from AustinBorn, Pilates with Katrina, Fit4Mom, ATX Pole Fitness, Lotus Chiropractic & Acupuncture, Toybrary and more!
- We will have a Feeding with Love Lounge for mamas to pump/nurse/bottle feed as needed in quiet comfort. Snacks, bottled water, and bottle warmer will be available.
- Childcare will NOT be provided
- Cancelations made within 2 weeks of retreat date will be refunded in full, less a 10% service fee. Cancelations made less than 2 weeks in advance are not refundable and will incur a 100% charge. However, registration is transferrable to another mama or can be applied to a later event!
WHO'S GUIDING THE SHE-WOLF PACK?
- Learn more about our facilitators (full bios by following links):
- Erin Arnold
- Physical Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Myofascial Release Expert and co-founder of Be Well Austin
- Kirsten Brunner
- Licensed Professional Counselor, author, speaker and blogger at Baby Proofed Parents
- Tali Boots
- Licensed Professional Counselor, ABS Certified Clinical Sexologist
- Kelli Foulkrod
- Licensed Psychological Associate, Licensed Professional Counselor, Registered Yoga Teacher
- Erin Arnold